4130 La Jolla Village Dr., Suite 300
La Jolla, CA 92037
Tel: (858) 678-0610
Fax: (858) 678-0007
Dr. Ramin Bagheri is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in spine surgery at the San Diego Center for Spinal Disorders in La Jolla, CA. He is also a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of California San Diego.
Dr. Bagheri received his medical degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, OH. He continued his training with a surgical internship and orthopaedic surgical residency at the George Washington University Hospital Medical Center in Washington, DC.
After the completion of his orthopaedic residency, Dr. Bagheri sought even more specialized training to become an expert in treating spinal disorders. Accordingly he completed the San Diego Spine Fellowship (one of the nation’s most esteemed fellowship programs) under the direction of Behrooz A. Akbarnia, M.D.
Dr. Akbarnia was so impressed by Dr. Bagheri’s performance during his fellowship that he invited him to join his practice upon completion of the fellowship. Since then, Dr. Bagheri has settled into the practice at SDCSD. He treats many patients weekly and continues his research and publishing endeavors.
Dr. Bagheri has currently presented eight papers and scientific posters at professional medical meetings, and has also co-authored two book chapters. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and North American Spine Society. Dr. Bagheri was recently elected as a new Candidate Fellow of the Scoliosis Research Society (the leading society for spine surgeons)
Dr. Bagheri has enjoyed the re-location from the East coast to California, and is now firmly established in the San Diego area.
Lisa Kotera is the Clinical Assistant to Dr. Bagheri.
1. Panugutti MA, Kraay MJ, Bagheri R, Goldberg VM, Stevenson S. The Effects of Demineralized Bone Matrix Gel on Cementless Fixation of Titanium Implants. Awarded First Place : Cleveland Orthopaedic Society Resident Research Competition; 1996. Paper presented at: American Orthopaedic Association Resident Meeting; 1997. Poster presented at: Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting; 1997. Award: Bristol Meyer Squibb / Zimmer Travel Award; 1997.
2. Panigutti MA, Goldberg VM, Bagheri R, Davy D, Stevenson S. The Effects of Ultrasonic Cleaning on the Incorporation of Surface Roughened Titanium Alloy Implants in a Rabbit Intramedullary Model. Poster presented at: Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting; 1997.
3. Bagheri R, Sturm PF, West RV, Thomas MD. Single Rod Posterior Segmental Instrumentation in the Treatment of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. The Spine Journal . September/October 2002;2;No. 5S:70S-71S. Paper presented at: North American Spine Society, 17 th Annual Meeting: November 1, 2002 ; Montreal , Canada . Poster presented at: Spine Science and Management Conference; 2001; New Orleans , LA.
4. Bagheri R, Akbarnia BA. Chapter 54: Pediatric Spine Trauma. In Devlin VJ, ed. Spine Secrets . Philadelphia, Hanley & Belfus, Inc.; 2003.
5. Bagheri R, Oka R, Mahar A, Kostial P, Akbarnia BA. Biomechanical Comparison of Different Anchors (Foundations) in the Pediatric Dual Rod Instrumentation without Fusion (Growing Rod) Technique. Paper presented at: Isola Study Group, 17th Meeting; August 9, 2003 ; Boston , MA .
6. Bagheri R, Deitel K, Akbarnia H, Casey JM, Kostial P, Akbarnia BA. Functional Outcomes Following Spinal Fusion in Patients with Myelodysplasia (Minimum Five-Year Follow Up). Paper presented at: Isola Study Group, 17th Meeting; August 8, 2003 ; Boston , MA .
7. Raiszadeh K, Bagheri R, Raiszadeh R, Korsh E, Tantuwaya L, Van Dam B, Ostrup R, Leggett S, Carusillo D. Cervical Spine Surgery in an Ambulatory Surgery Center . The Spine Journal . September/October 2003;3;No.5S:142S-143S. Poster presented at: North American Spine Society, 18 th Annual Meeting: October 21–25, 2003 ; San Diego , CA .
8. Bagheri R, Oka R, Mahar A, Kostial P, Akbarnia BA. Biomechanical Comparison of Different Anchors (Foundations) in the Pediatric Dual Rod Instrumentation without Fusion (Growing Rod) Technique. Accepted poster at: Orthopaedic Research Society, 50 th Annual Meeting; March 7–10, 2004 ; San Francisco , CA .